Ropa Vieja is an entree recipe made in April 18, 2018.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2lb Chuck Roast
- 1 Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Cubanelle Pepper, sliced
- 7 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of Tomato Puree
- 1-1/2 cups of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup of Beef Stock
- 1/2 cup of Pimento Stuffed Olives plus a couple tablespoons of the brine
- Lime Wedges
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- 1. ) Season the roast well with some salt and sear in a hot oiled skillet for a couple minutes on each side until golden brown, set aside.
- 2. ) Add the peppers, onions, garlic, cumin, oregano, tomato puree, diced tomatoes, beef stock and some salt to your slow cooker give it all a good stir, then nestle in the seared beef, cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on high or until the beef is super tender.
- 3. ) Once the beef is tender and falling apart, take it out of the slow cooker, shred it with a couple forks and pop it back in along with the olives and brine, let them sit on low for about 10 minutes then plate, sprinkle some cilantro and squeeze a little lime on top and dog in!
Video[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.