Roasted Chicken BLT is an entree recipe made in June 14, 2018.
For the chicken and bacon:
- 1 lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 8 Slices of Thick Maple Glazed Bacon
- Salt, to taste
For the Spice Rub:
- 2 tsp of Dehydrated Onion
- 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp of Chili Powder
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Dried Mustard
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
For the sandwich Fixins:
- 8 Slices of Sourdough Bread of any bread of your choice
- 2 Vine Ripe Tomatoes, sliced
- Few Leaves of Romaine, halved to fit your sandwich
- 1/2 cup of Heinz Mayonnaise
- 1. ) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Lay the bacon on a wire rack and place the wire rack over a baking sheet and set aside.
- 2. ) Mix together the spices, generously sprinkle on both sides of the chicken, then season with some salt and olive oil on both sides, pop it in the oven for 30 minutes, 10 minutes before the 30 minutes is up, slide in the bacon and cook alongside the chicken. In those last 10 minutes, add the bread in the oven to toast (drizzle a little oil on both sides of the bread)
- 3. ) Allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes, then thinly slice it.
- 4. ) Build the sandwich by smearing some mayo on both sides of the bread and layering the thinly sliced roasted chicken, bacon, lettuce and tomato. Dig in as soon as possible!